The Foundation for Biomedical Research and Innovation at Kobe ("FBRI") respects and commits to protecting your personal information.
FBRI handles a large amount of personal data and takes seriously its responsibilities under applicable data privacy legislation. We recognize that the mishandling this information can put the individuals at risk. To avoid this, we are committed to:
- complying fully with applicable data privacy legislation;
- where practicable, adhering to good practices for privacy protection;
- handling an individual’s personal data in a careful and considerate manner that reflects the privacy of such information.
This website (www.fbri-kobe.org/kbic/english) is operated by FBRI. We explain what personal data we gather when you visit our website and details how that data is used as follows.
2. Personal data collected
Personal data collected via this website may be used for the following purposes
- The operation, maintenance and management of this website;
- Handling inquiries received through this website.
Your information will be stored and used for your benefit each time you visit. FBRI may also collect non-personally identifiable information.
We process your data for purposes arising from your use of the website, for example, to ensure that we understand who uses our website and how our website is used and to improve our website and ensure it is secure. This processing is necessary since it helps us to meet our legitimate interests in operating and improving the website, analyzing its use, and ensuring its security. Ultimately, it will help to create a more user-friendly experience.
3. Collected Categories
The following categories are examples of information that we may collect to help us create a better experience for you.
- Contact Information: When you contact us through this website, FBRI may request some personal data. We may keep this to serve you better
- Member Registration: We may collect personally identifiable information when you become a member of the Kobe Biomedical Innovation Cluster ("KBIC"). This helps us to identify you as a member of KBIC. This facilitates your ability to quickly access information of interest to you on the website.
- Technical Support: If you request technical assistance, we may ask for information to help us identify and solve the technical problem.
- Technical information: the type of device (and its unique device identifier) you use to access our site, the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the Internet, your login information, browser plug-in types and versions, time zone setting, operating system, mobile network information and platform
4. Sharing your data with third parties
FBRI will not sell or trade the personally identifiable information that we collect from you from our website, unless the disclosure, revision or deletion are required by (1) by law, (2) to comply with criminal investigations or legal processes, (3) to protect the rights and property of FBRI, its employees or technical equipment used to run our website or its network.
However, we may share your data with third parties who provide services on our behalf, such as those who help us to operate the website. All our third party service providers security measures to protect your data in line with our policies. We do not allow them to use your data for their own purposes. We permit them to process your data only for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
5. Website Analytics
We may use third party service providers to monitor and analyze the use of our service.
6. Google Analytics
FBRI websites uses Google Analytics (“GA”), a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). We also use GA demographics and interest reporting. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information, please visit » Google Privacy & Terms
7. Links to other websites
Our website contains links to and from various third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
8. Information for Data Subjects in the European Union
If you are a resident in the European Union (“EU”) and the European Economic Area (“EEA”), you may have certain data protection rights. Please contact us you would like to know the Personal Data (as defined in the GDPR) we have about you.
9. Changes to this policy
10. Effective Date
The effective date on this policy is 31 March, 2020.
Effective: 31 March, 2020